Sunday, April 12, 2020

Happy Easter

Happy Easter!  I sure am missing my family, I am a huge holiday person.  I gave the girls money and I sent AJ's Easter basket home with Ali to give him this morning.  While having my coffee this morning thoughts of Easter when I was child filled my head.  Oh the excitement, my mom always had a celebration for every holiday, I remember hunting for candy throughout the house, coloring eggs and then hunting for them.  My grandma would make a huge Easter lunch.  I remember getting up and putting on my Easter dress and running all the way to my aunt Barbara's house so I could attend Easter service with them.  I do have to say I had a great childhood.  


One thing I noticed this morning...…..It came today, it came without fancy dresses, it came without little boys in new scratchy neck shirts, it came without baskets filled with soon to be lost gadgets that pop and zing, it came without cleaning our homes for guest and spending money and time in food for many that only last seconds, these are all wonderful joyful things that we have created, some of us drive ourselves crazy trying to make the perfect meal, or dressing our children for the perfect picture, but through the years we have created an Easter that’s far from the meaning, like we do on most holidays, the true power about this holiday is, this virus can and has done many bad things, but it does not have the power to stop time, so if you do nothing else today just reflect on the power of life and how it came to us and how we still have control of our lives and how precious time and family truly are. Happy Easter to all whether your at home or work and just know you are all loved by many.



No comments:

Post a Comment